Ultimate GPS Logger Shield - Includes GPS Module (ID: 1272)
£34.99 ex VAT
Brand new and better than ever, the Adafruit GPS shield kit has been replaced with this assembled shield that comes with an Ultimate GPS module. This GPS shield works great with either UNO or Leonardo Arduinos and is designed to log data to an SD card. Or you can leave the SD card out and use the GPS for a geocaching project, or maybe a music player that changes tunes depending on where you are in the city.
- -165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Low power module - only 20mA current draw, half of most GPS's
- Assembled & tested shield for Arduino Uno/Duemilanove/Diecimila/Leonardo (not for use with Mega/ADK/Due)
- MicroSD card slot for data logging onto a removable card
- RTC battery included, for up to 7 years backup
- Built-in data logging to flash
- PPS output on fix
- >25Km altitude
- Internal patch antenna + u.FL connector for external active antenna
- Power, Pin #13 and Fix status LED
- Big prototyping area
- Dimensions(PCB only): 69mm x 53mm x 6.7mm (2.7in x 2.1in x 0.26in)
- Weight (w/o GPS module): 24g
Each order comes with one assembled and tested shield, a stick of 0.1" male header and a 12mm coin cell. Some light soldering is required to attach the header to the shield in order to plug it into your Arduino.
If your project is going to be inside an enclosure, you'll love this shield as it has external antenna support. Simply connect an external active GPS antenna via a uFL/SMA cable to the shield and the module will automatically switch over to use the antenna. You can then place the antenna wherever you wish.