Gameduino 3Product Code: 2368
£29.16 ex VAT
In 2011 the original Gameduino brought vintage gaming to the Arduino.
In 2013 Gameduino 2 set a new standard in hand-held open-source gaming.
Now Gameduino 3 raises the bar again. Even more processing power for your games and applications - plus real video playback, all using a regular Arduino.
It's completely compatible with the Gameduino 2 but adds even more graphics power, smooth video playback, and dozens of new features. Together with microSD storage for Excameragame assets, headphone audio output, and a top quality full-colour 4.3-inch touchscreen
The Gameduino 3 uses an FT810 EVE, an integrated graphics processor that is backwards compatible with the FT800 in Gameduino 2 and has about 4X more power.
- Video decompressor for full-screen 30 fps video
- 1 megabyte of onboard RAM, 1 gigapixel per second fill rate
- microSD card and audio output with sample playback
- High contrast 4.3" 480x272 or 7" 800x480 LCD panels with resistive touchscreen
- Support for maps created with the Tiled Map Editor
- PNG image loading from microSD
- Accelerated JPEG loader
- Hardware portrait/landscape orientation switching
- Full support for Arduino, ESP8266 and Teensy 3.2
- Online tools for graphics, audio, font and video preparation
All these features are available from the GD library for Arduino, which now includes full support for both GD2 and GD3.