BBC micro:bit - Official Board only
£10.40 ex VAT
This is the official BBC micro:bit that is inspiring a new generation of coders.
This pack contains 1 x BBC micro:bit and a quick start guide, this is the ideal option for makers to get started creating BBC micro:bit projects and inventing solutions. The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customise and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. Measuring 4cm by 5cm, and designed to be fun and easy to use. You can create anything from games and animations to scrolling stories - all you need is imagination and creativity.
Note: The BBC micro:bit requires a USB cable for programming purposes, and a battery holder & 2x AAA batteries to power the micro:bit if not connected to your computer.
- Size: approx. 5cm x 4cm
- Weight: 8g
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM® Cortex M0 CPU
- A 5x5 LED matrix with 25 red LEDs to light up and can display animated patterns, scrolling text and alphanumeric characters
- Two programmable buttons. Use them as a games controller, or control music on a smartphone
- On-board motion detector or 3-AXIS digital accelerometer that can detect movement e.g. shake, tilt or free-fall and use it to control motion activated games
- A built-in compass, 3D magnetometer to sense which direction you're facing and your movement in degrees and detect the presence of certain metals and magnets
- Bluetooth® Smart Technology. Connect the micro:bit to other micro:bits, devices, phones, tablets, cameras and other everyday objects
- Five Ring Input and Output (I/O) including power (PWR), ground (GRD) and 3 x I/O. The micro:bit can read values from sensors and control things like motors or robots
- 20 pin edge connector: This allows the micro:bit to be connected to other devices such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Galileo and Kano through a standard connector
- Micro-USB controller: This is controlled by a separate processor and presents the micro:bit to a computer as a memory stick
- System LED x 1 yellow
- System push button switch x 1