Arduino Uno - R3
£16.57 ex VAT
This is the extremely popular Arduino Uno R3 - based on the atmega328P processor. It's the perfect Arduino board to get started with. We are now stocking the latest Revision 3.
If you're new to Arduino have a look at our Arduino Uno Starter Kit. It has everything you need to get started with Arduino!
Arduino is an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple I/O board and a development environment that implements the Processing/Wiring language. Arduino can be used to develop stand-alone interactive objects or can be connected to software on your computer (e.g. Flash, Processing, MaxMSP). The open-source IDE can be downloaded for free (currently for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux).
If you're not sure which Arduino you should buy then check out our buying guide for Arduino!
- ATmega328 microcontroller
- Input voltage - 7-12V
- 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
- 6 Analog Inputs
- 32k Flash Memory
- 16Mhz Clock Speed
- Eagle files
- Driver Installation Instructions
- Arduino Home Page
- How To
- Programming Reference
- Arduino Forum
Updates from the last version:
- ATmega16U2 instead of the 8U2 found. This allows for faster USB transfer rates.
- No drivers needed for Linux or Mac (.inf file for Windows is needed and included in the Arduino IDE)
- The ability to have the Uno show up as a keyboard, mouse, joystick, etc.
- New SDA and SCL pins next to the AREF.
- Two new pins placed near the RESET pin. One is the IOREF that allow the shields to adapt to the voltage provided from the board. The other is a not connected and is reserved for future purposes.
- Reset button moved from center of board to corner near USB connector, allowing resets when shields are connected.
- Larger heatsinking copper area for the LM117 regulator
Please note: The Uno R3 works with all existing shields.
The new Arduino boards use different drivers from previous versions - please refer to these instructions if you are having issues.