Makeblock Codey Rocky STEM Educational Robot
£83.32 ex VAT
Codey Rocky combines hardware with software, allowing children to learn about programming while they play and create. Using mBlock, a software which supports both blocked-based and Python programming, Codey Rocky takes children by their hands and leads them into the world of avant garde technology with its in-built AI and IoT functionalities, giving them a competitive edge in the AI era.
Integrated with over 10 programmable electronic modules, Codey Rocky has many more features than it meets the eye. Not only will Codey Rocky swirl and follow lines, it will also go around obstacles, making creation so much more fun.
Harnessing the power of mBlock software, Codey Rocky allows children to create dot matrix animations, design games and realise AI and IoT applications. By programming each and every move made by the robot, not only will children be able to understand each command intuitively, they will also find it a very rewarding experience through hardware creation.
Programming as simple as playing blocks
Hot on the heels of Scratch3.0, mBlock features many powerful functions and promises truckload of experience; programming is as simple as assembling building blocks – anyone who reads can learn to programme. We also structure the learning process in a series of games of different levels, making programming full of fun while children progress through these games.
Switch to Python with one click for advanced programming learning
Python is a programming language widely used at the forefront of technological advances such as AI and data analysis. Using mBlock software, children write programs directly in Python, and can turn their written block-based programming program into Python code so as to continue learning an advanced programming language.
Over 10 electronic modules to support your children in turning their imagination into reality
Equipped with over 10 electronic modules, including a sound sensor, a light sensor and an LED dot matrix display, Codey Rocky is a treasure trove of fun that plays music, follows light, mimics facial expressions and many more with easy coding, empowering children with the skills to turn their imagination into reality and experience the delight out of their achievement.
- IR Transmitter/Receiver: makes communication with multiple robots possible and allows infrared remote control of electrical appliances.
- Gear Knob: adjusts volume and variables
- LED Display: shows various patterns and RGB lighting effects.
- 6-axis Gyroscope: detects tilts, shakes and turn angles, useful in designing somatosensory tricks which require tilts and shakes.
- RGB LED Indicator: can be programmed freely to set the colour of the RGB indicator, making Codey Rocky even more fun and expressive.
- Voice sensor: detects ambient and motion sound levels.
- Light sensor: detects the intensity of ambient light.
- Buttons: are all programmable for customisation.
- Color Infrared Sensor: detects colours, avoids obstacles, calculate distance and enables cruising.
- Main Control Chip: ESP32
- Transmission: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB
- Control Platforms: MacOS, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, iOS
- Battery: Lithium 3.7V 950mAh
- Material: ABS
- Supported Languages: Scratch, Python