Mayku Formbox - Desktop Vacuum FormingProduct Code: 2832
£449.00 ex VAT
The Mayku FormBox makes molds in seconds, speeding up your product development cycle. Bringing your next idea to life has never been easier.
The Mayku FormBox puts the power of making in your hands. Powered by any vacuum cleaner, it works with a world of materials and helps you to make your ideas real. Whether you’re crafting by hand or partnering with your 3D printer, the FormBox is your very own desktop production line.
How does it work?
1) Create: 3D print, sculpt or find your shape and place it on the FormBox bed ensuring it's within the max size.
2) Form: The FormBox forms a sheet of material around your shape - creating a mold in seconds.
3) Multiply: Fill your mold with dozens of materials from chocolate to resin, plaster and even concrete.
|4) Finish: Take it out and bring your first collection of products to life! You can even use the FormBox to create custom packaging for your creation.|
What People Are Saying About the FormBox:
“FormBox turns your home or workspace table into a mini factory.” - Jenner Deal, Business Insider
“The speed and flexibility turns it into more of a factory than a printer, and opens the door to projects that just aren't practical otherwise.” - Jon Fingas, Engadget
Prototype at Speed Rapidly - create product prototypes with high-quality finishes to show your clients your vision, in real life.
Choose From a World of Materials - Bring your ideas into the real world in hundreds of different ways by choosing from a huge range of sheet materials. Make the way you want to.
Turbocharge your 3D printer - Pioneer the future of desktop manufacturing. Partner the FormBox with your 3D printer to create professional batches of products from your studio.
Small Footprint, Big Power - The FormBox gives you advanced manufacturing technology in a space no larger than a laptop, giving you and your business the space you need to grow.
Precision Control - Take control over your making with precise time and temperature settings - for consistent mold making, every time.
Making Made Simple - The FormBox has been meticulously designed to make a complex process as simple as possible, leaving you to focus on your ideas. It’s making, made simple.
Vacuum Power - Plug any vacuum cleaner into the FormBox and use its suction to kickstart your own desktop factory.
Auto Switch - The FormBox has an internal auto-vacuum system, simply plug your vacuum cleaner into the port on the back and the suction will start exactly when you need it - magical making.
- Size & Weight:
- Height: 315mm (Yellow)
- Length (with handles): 466mm (Blue)
- Width: 274mm (Green)
- Forming Bed: 200x200mm (Red)
- Draw Depth: 130mm
- Weight: 13Kg
- Operating Temperatures: 160°C - 340°C
- Compatible Materials: The Mayku FormBox works best with thermoplastic sheets of 0.25 - 1.5mm in thickness. Here are the technical terms:
- PETg (Commonly found in: Food safe molds)
- HIPS (Commonly found in: Disposable cups)
- ABS (The stuff lego is made from)
- Polystyrene (Commonly found in: Product packaging)
- Polyproperlene (Great for use as a mould for resin casting)
- Polycarbonate (Commonly found in: Drinks bottles)
- Polyethylene (Commonly found in: Sheet and foamed sheet)
- Acrylic PMMA (Commonly found in: Light up signs)