LAMP:bit - Street Light for BBC micro:bitProduct Code: 3024
£4.16 ex VAT
The LAMP:bit features connections which allow the microbit to be bolted/clipped directly to it. It has been designed to replicate a streetlight, in form and function. This is a great board for use in transportation projects and has been designed to fit the same aesthetic as the STOP:bit, so that they can be used together in the same projects.
The board also features a phototransistor that can be used to react to changes in ambient light levels, thus switching on and off the white LED autonomously. For timed switching, the project could include the Kitronik RTC board for a different type of autonomy.
Power is supplied to the board from the micro:bit that is connected to it via the 0V and 3V pins.
- The LAMP:bit is an accessory for the BBC micro:bit that replicates a street light.
- It features a built in phototransistor for autonomous switching.
- The micro:bit can bolt-on/clip-on to the board.
- Follows the same aesthetic as the STOP:bit.
- It can be used in conjunction with the STOP:bit for larger projects.
- There are custom code blocks for the MakeCode Editor that are available as an Extension to the editor.
- The bottom of the LAMP:bit PCB snaps off to form a stable cross base.
- 1 x LAMP:bit for the BBC micro:bit
- 5 x M3 8mm Countersunk Screws.
- 5 x M3 Hex Full Nut.
- Height: 135mm.
- Width: 75mm.
- Base Width: 42mm.