Electronics Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi
£10.00 ex VAT
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
Are you the proud owner of a Raspberry Pi, ready to start using it to experiment with electronics but where do you start?
The Raspberry Pi Electronic Starter Kit contains all the components you need, together with easy to follow instruction cards, in order to complete 10 simple experiments involving LEDs, thermistors, photoresistors and switches and is an ideal starting point for anyone new to electronics and the Raspberry Pi.
Note: Does not include a Raspberry Pi
Note: Compatible with the Raspberry Pi models A, B, B+, 2, 3 and Pi Zero (header pins required for Pi Zero).
- 470Ω resistor (5)
- 1kΩ resistor (2)
- 4.7MΩ resistor (1)
- Red LED (2)
- RGB LED (1)
- Switch (2)
- 330nF capacitor (1)
- thermistor (1)
- photoresistor (1)
- buzzer (1)
- raspberry leaf (1)
- breadboard (1)
- male to male jumper leads (10)
- male to female jumper leads (10)
- 10 easy to use instruction cards
1. Open up the box and find the first card called ‘Getting Started’. This will tell you how to download the programs that accompany the book.
2. Pick one of the ten project cards and use the breadboard layout diagram and component key on the box lid to assemble the design.
3. Fit the Raspberry Leaf GPIO template over the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO pins and connect the breadboard to the GPIO connector using male to female jumper wires.
4. Run the program for that project.
5. Open up the program in IDLE or a text editor and read the comments about how it works and tinker!