Analog MEMS Microphone Breakout - SPH8878LR5H-1
£4.99 ex VAT
The SparkFun Analog MEMS Microphone Breakout makes it easy to work with the SPH8878LR5H-1 analogue microphone from Knowles. This board features an OpAmp to bring the output of the microphone to a usable level, allowing you to plug directly into an ADC on a microcontroller or something like the SparkFun Spectrum Shield.
In addition to amplifying the signal, the OpAmp adds a bias voltage of 1/2 VCC. With sound sources such as a normal speaking voice a few feet away from the microphone, the AUD output signal will be at about 200mV peak-to-peak. Also note, that this low profile microphone has its port on the bottom side, so the microphone can be mounted flush to the outer surface of your enclosure. This microphone is omnidirectional, which means it does a good job of picking up sound sources from all directions.
- Supply Voltage: 2.3-3.6V
- Average Current Consumption: 265µA
- Frequency Range: 7Hz-36kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 66dBV/Pa
- Sensitivity: ~44dBV/Pa (Single-Ended Mode)
- -3dB Roll Off at 7Hz / +3dB Flatness at 36kHz
- Acoustic Overload Point: 134dB SPL
- OPA344 provides 600Ω output impedance