SparkFun Grid-EYE Infrared Array Breakout - AMG8833 (Qwiic) (SEN-14607)Product Code: 2618
£39.99 ex VAT
The SparkFun Grid-EYE Infrared Array Breakout board is an 8x8 thermopile array, meaning you have a square array of 64 pixels capable of independent temperature detection. It's like having a thermal camera, just in a lower resolution. To make it even easier to to get your low-resolution infrared image, all communication is enacted exclusively via I2C, utilising the handy Qwiic system. However, there is still a broken out 0.1" spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
The on-board AMG8833 Grid-EYE possesses an accuracy rate of ±2.5C (±4.5F) with a temperature range of 0C to 80C (32F to 176F). Additionally, this IR camera board can detect human body heat at about 7 meters or less (that's about 23 feet), and has a frame rate of 10 frames a second to one frame a second. It is important to point out that while this version of the Grid-EYE is the high performance type with a high gain, it is only 3.3V tolerant. IE: Don't try to operate it at 5V (you won't have a very good time).
- Operating Voltage(Startup): 1.6V - 3.6V
- Operating Voltage(Timekeeping): 1.5V - 3.6V
- Current Consumption: 4.5 mA
- 8x8 Thermopile Array
- Temperature Range: 0C to 80C (32F to 176F)
- Accuracy Rate: ±2.5C (±4.5F)
- Human Detection Distance: 7m or less (22.966ft)
- I2C Address: 0x69 (open jumper, default) or 0x68 (closed jumper)
- 2x Qwiic Connection Ports