Pirate Radio - Pi Zero W Project Kit (includes Pi Zero W)
£34.49 ex VAT
Pirate Radio uses the new pHAT BEAT DAC and stereo amp to drive the single speaker (left and right channels are mixed when you flip the DIP switch on the underside to mono mode). pHAT BEAT uses the same I2S mono DAC and amplifier that is used on Speaker pHAT and Picade HAT and... adds a second one for stereo goodness! The two rows of 8 APA102 RGB LEDs make the perfect VU meter, and there are 6 buttons along the edges to control your audio.
This kit takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth on the Pi Zero W, meaning that there's no longer any need for a USB Wi-Fi dongle.
NOTE: Requires a Micro-SD card
NOTE: Requires soldering and takes around 30 mins to build and assemble.
- Dual I2S DAC/amplifiers (MAX98357A)
- 3W per channel
- 2x push fit speaker terminals
- DIP switch to select blended mono or stereo modes
- 16 RGB LED pixels (APA102) in 2 rows of 8
- 6 edge-mounted push buttons
- ALSA VU meter plugin
- 5W 4Ω speaker with pre-soldered wires
- 3-layer blue acrylic enclosure
- Pi Zero W with single-core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to Micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Assembled size of Pirate Radio is 135x85x70mm