Scroll Bot - Pi Zero W Project Kit (includes Pi Zero W)
£30.40 ex VAT
A robot friend to sit on your desk and scroll the news, weather, or your Twitter feed - Scroll Bot!
The Scroll Bot Kit combines the Pi Zero W with the new swish Scroll pHAT HD board, and masquerades as a friendly orange robot, perfect for sitting on your desk or on a shelf. It's ideal for scrolling messages or for simple animations and, of course, it takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero W.
Scroll Bot uses the new Scroll pHAT HD board, a dense matrix of 17x7 (119 total) bright white LEDs. Each pixel's brightness can be controlled individually, meaning that it's possible to create stunning animations or even anti-aliased text. The LED matrix sits behind Scroll Bot's mouth, and the frosted orange acrylic diffuses the LEDs beautifully.
Use the built-in wireless LAN to make your Scroll Bot internet-connected and have him/her/it inform you of the latest news, weather, track hashtags or mentions on Twitter, or much, much more.Note: A Micro-SD card is required.
Note: This is a soldering project that will take around 30 minutes to complete.
- 17x7 matrix of bright white pixels (119 total)
- Individual PWM brightness control of each pixel
- Uses the IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip
- 3-layer orange robot stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero W with single-core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to Micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)