AMIS-30543 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
£14.99 ex VAT
The AMIS-30543 stepper motor driver carrier is a Pololu carrier for ON Semiconductor's AMIS-30543 micro-stepping motor driver, which is a high-performance stepper motor driver with advanced features not found on our other stepper motor driver carriers.
This is a breakout board for ON Semiconductor's AMIS-30543 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver, which features SPI-adjustable current limiting, 11 step modes (from full-step through 1/128-step), back-EMF feedback that can be used for stall detection or optional closed-loop control, and over-current and over-temperature protection. The board operates from 6 V to 30 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.8 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 3 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
The AMIS-30543 is rated up to 30 V and 3 A, but (as with other stepper drivers) the current rating is a theoretical maximum assuming excellent cooling. Using the board at room temperature without a heatsink, the chip can practically supply about 1.8 A per coil, more than any other stepper motor driver carriers.
Note: This product is a carrier board or breakout board for ON Semiconductor's AMIS-30543 Micro-Stepping Motor Driver; we therefore recommend careful reading of the AMIS-30543 datasheet (495k pdf) before using this product.
Note: This driver needs to be enabled and configured through its SPI interface on power up, so your microcontroller must be capable of acting as an SPI master (either with an SPI peripheral or software SPI).
- Standard step and direction control interface
- SPI interface for configuring settings (e.g. step mode, current limit, sleep) and reading status registers
- Speed and load angle output that can be used for stall detection or closed-loop control of the torque and speed based on the load angle
- Eleven different step modes: full-step (uncompensated, compensated 1-phase, or compensated 2-phase), half-step (uncompensated or compensated), 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, 1/32-step, 1/64-step, and 1/128-step
- SPI-programmable current control (from 132 mA to 3 A) enables your microcontroller to adjust the peak-current limit on the fly as more or less torque or speed is needed
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Low-EMI PWM with SPI-selectable voltage slopes
- Compatible with 5 V and 3.3 V microcontrollers
- Integrated 5V regulator that can be used to supply an external microcontroller
- Integrated watchdog function
- Open coil detection
- Thermal warning indicates when the driver is close to the thermal shutdown temperature
- Over-current status and shutdown (short-to-ground and shorted-load protection)
- Reverse voltage protection
- Minimum operating voltage: 6 V (The regulated 5V (VDD) output current is reduced for input voltages under 8 V, and sleep mode is not available for input voltages under 9 V)
- Maximum operating voltage: 30 V
- Continuous current per phase: 1.8 A (Without a heat sink or forced air flow)
- Maximum current per phase: 3 A (With sufficient additional cooling)
- Minimum logic voltage: 2.5 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128
- Size: 1.0"— 1.2"
- Weight: 4.0 g
- Reverse voltage protection