Soldering Starter Kit
£33.07 ex VAT
This is the perfect kit to start soldering, it has everything you need for your first project!
The following is included in the kit:
- A basic 18W 230V soldering iron from Antex. Perfect for small electronics soldering - it's light, compact and well balanced. It comes fitted with a 2.3mm chisel tip, a basic metal stand and a 1.5m PVC mains cable (UK plug).
- An Antex 0.5mm conical replacement bit - 1105. These bits are manufactured from high-grade copper, plated first with iron and then chrome to give a long working life.
- A 4m dispenser of Antex 0.8mm lead-free solder wire - composed of 99.25% tin and 0.75% copper.
- Desoldering Braid - this hugely useful stuff can help save all manner of catastrophic soldering mishaps.
- Solder Tip Tinner and Cleaner 20g - Composed of a mild acid, it helps remove baked on residue (for when you melt your desk top) and helps prevent oxidation (the nasty black stuff) that accumulates on your soldering tip when not in use.
If you're new to soldering check out this great Soldering Tutorial!
(created by Mitch Altman, Andie Nordgren & Jeff Keyzer)