Text to Speech chip for SpeakJet - TTS256 (COM-09811)
£16.66 ex VAT
The TTS256 is an 8-bit microprocessor programmed with letter-to-sound rules. This built-in algorithm allows for the automatic real-time translation of English ASCII characters into allophone addresses compatible with the Magnevation SpeakJet Speech Synthesizer IC.
The TTS256 is offered in a through-hole, 28-pin package. Supplied power should be +5V. Very few connections are required for operation:
|5||TX (sends serial data to host)|
|18||RX (received serial data from host)||15||Buffer Half Full|
The TTS256 contains over 600 rules for pronouncing English text. While it does a pretty good job of the task, with a less than 5% error rate in most sentences, it will mispronounce some words. Often times, some creative spelling will help.
- Narrow 28-pin DIP
- Companion chip to Magnevation SpeakJet and Savage Innovations SpeakGin
- Built in 600 Rule database
- 9600bps (8-N-1) serial interface (non-inverted TTL level)
- Generates speech codes from ASCII text
- Compatible with Arduino, Basic Stamp, OOPic, Pic, and any processor with serial output