Ultrasonic Range Finder XL-MaxSonar-EZ0
£28.50 ex VAT
The XL-Maxsonar-EZ0 is a super high performance, industrial strength sonar range finder with high power output, noise rejection, auto calibration and long-range wide detection zone. Unlike earlier models, it offers continuous self-calibration to rule out the effects of changing temperature, humidity and voltage.
The tiny indoor XL-MaxSonar® sensor line are less than 1-cubic-inch in size, yet the sensor puts 1/2 watt of peak power into the efficient transformer driving the transducer, yielding high output acoustic power. This acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real-time background automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and real-time noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings for most users. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL-MaxSonar® sensor line is available with factory calibrated beam patterns and can be used anywhere an indoor acoustic range sensor is needed.
The range signals are provided as a PWM output, and go from 20cm to 765cm. Resolution is 1 cm. The XL-MaxSonar works from 3.3 to 5V and peaks at only 0.5 W of power consumption.
Note:The Maxbotix Ultrasonic Sensors are now fully CE certified.
- Small and light: 0.870" x 0.785" x 0.989" (2.2 x 2.0 x 2.5 cm), 0.22 oz (6.1 g)
- Long range detection: 0 - 7.65 m (25 ft)
- No dead zone; detections from 0 to 20 cm (8 in) are output as 20 cm
- Resolution of 1 cm (0.4 in)
- Low typical current consumption: 3.4 mA at 5 V, 2.1 mA at 3.3 V
- Runs on 3.3 - 5 V
- 42 kHz ultrasonic sensor
- 10 Hz reading rate
- Readings can be triggered externally or internally
- Supports three interfaces (all are active simultaneously):
- Serial output of distance reading: asynchronous, logic-level (TTL), inverted, 9600 bps 8N1
- Analog output of distance reading: (Vcc/1024) / cm (4.9 mV/cm when input voltage Vcc = 5 V)
- Pulse width output of distance reading: 58 μs/cm (147 μs/in) on EZ models only
- Analog voltage envelope of return acoustic wave form on AE models only