Bluefruit LE UART Friend - Bluetooth Low Energy (ID: 2479)Product Code: 1688
£16.51 ex VAT
The Bluefruit LE UART Friend makes it easy to add Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to anything with a hardware or software serial port. Included with the Bluefruit LE UART is hardware flow control so you won't have to think about losing data. Connect to your Arduino or other microcontroller or even just a standard FTDI cable for debugging and testing.
This multi-function module can do quite a lot. Using the standard Nordic UART RX/TX connection profile the Bluefruit acts as a data pipe, that can 'transparently' transmit back and forth from your iOS or Android device becoming a wireless UART adapter. You can use our iOS App or Android App, or write your own to communicate with the UART service.
Featuring an easy to learn AT command set giving you full control over how the device behaves, including the ability to define and manipulate your own GATT Services and Characteristics, or change the way that the device advertises itself for other Bluetooth Low Energy devices to see. You can also use the AT commands to query the die temperature, check the battery voltage, and more, check the connection RSSI or MAC address, and tons more.
Using the Bluefruit iOS App or Android App, you can quickly get your project prototyped by using your iOS or Android phone/tablet as a controller. There is a color picker, quaternion/accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer or location (GPS), and an 8-button control game pad included in this tutorial
- The Bluefruit can also act like an HID Keyboard (for devices that support BLE HID)
- Can become a BLE Heart Rate Monitor (a standard profile for BLE) - you just need to add the pulse-detection circuitry
- Turn it into a UriBeacon, the Google standard for Bluetooth LE beacons. Just power it and the 'Friend will bleep out a URL to any nearby devices with the UriBeacon app installed.
- Built in over-the-air bootloading capability so we can keep you updated with the hottest new firmware. Use any Android or iOS device to get updates and install them!
- ARM Cortex M0 core running at 16MHz
- 256KB flash memory
- 32KB SRAM
- Transport: UART @ 9600 baud with HW flow control (CTS+RTS required)
- 5V-safe inputs (Arduino Uno friendly, etc.)
- On-board 3.3V voltage regulation
- Bootloader with support for safe OTA firmware updates
- Easy AT command set to get up and running quickly
- Dimensions: 21mm x 32mm x 5mm / 0.8" x 1.26" x 0.2"
- Weight: 3.4g