ARCADE for MakeCode Arcade - Retail Pack
£32.91 ex VAT
The emphasis for MakeCode Arcade is Education and there are a wealth of resources available on the MakeCode Arcade website to facilitate this. There are; guided tutorials that walk you through creating simple games, more complex games that you can open and learn from, games written by community members that you can learn from, game concepts tutorials, tutorials that explore graphics and Maths, lesson plans, CS courses, printable coding cards for the classroom, video tutorials, and much more!
The Kitronik ARCADE has been specifically designed to offer the perfect platform for running these games. It's packed full of features and has been ergonomically designed for comfort and ease of use. It features a full colour LCD wide viewing angle screen, a piezo sounder for audio feedback, a vibration motor for haptic feedback, 6 gamer input buttons, a menu button, a reset button and an on/off switch. Everything you need for the perfect gaming experience. It also features a software volume control, a USB programming port, and 2 expansion ports for the expert level users.
The ARCADE can be powered by either 3xAA batteries or via the micro USB connector, with the battery holders located on the rear of the PCB. The three battery holders have been positioned to also act as hand grips for maximum comfort and control when gaming.
- No soldering is required.
- Some quick and simple mechanical assembly is required for the stand.
- Ensure that when using a power supply that it is rated for at least 1A and 5V, many modern phone chargers will be suitable for this application.
- Full instructions for assembly, coding and also usage are detailed in the supplied booklet.
For the advanced user, there are 2 expansion ports and a debugging port. The expansion ports give you direct access to the microprocessor pins and the debug port allows you to customise the boot loader code. For more information, please see the last page of the datasheet. Permanent damage can happen here, so don't venture in unless you're experienced and confident!
- The Kitronik ARCADE is a feature-packed handheld game-pad for use with the Microsoft Arcade editor.
- Use the wealth of educational material available to create a game from the ground up or tweak existing code and learn the open source way.
- It features a full-colour LCD wide viewing angle screen.
- It has a piezo sounder for audio feedback.
- Makes use of the vibration motor for haptic feedback.
- It also features; 6 gamer input buttons, a menu button, a reset button and an on/off switch.
- There is also a software volume control, a USB programming port, and 2 expansion ports for the expert level users.
- The ARCADE can be powered by either 3xAA batteries (included) or via the micro USB connector (also included).
- ARCADE is supplied in a transparent reusable plastic container, also included are batteries and a USB lead.