Assembled DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing Add-on
£19.16 ex VAT
This fully assembled (with headers) DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing which will let you use 2 x bi-polar stepper motors or 4 x brushed DC motors (or 1 stepper and 2 DC motors). Using either Feather Stacking Headers or Feather Female Headers you can connect a FeatherWing on top or bottom of your Feather board and let the board take flight!
The original Adafruit Motorshield Kit is one of their most beloved kits, which is why they decided to squish it all together on a FeatherWing to make something even smaller, lighter, and more portable! Instead of using a latch and the Arduino's PWM pins, Adafruit has a fully-dedicated PWM driver chip onboard. This chip handles all the motor and speed controls over I2C.
Since the FeatherWing only uses the I2C (SDA & SCL pins), it works with any and all Feathers. You can stack it with any other FeatherWing or with itself (just make sure you have each wing with a unique I2C address)
Comes as an assembled & tested FeatherWing with terminal blocks & plain header.
Note: Feather and motors are not includedNote: The terminal blocks included with your product may be blue or black.
- Dimensions: 51.2mm x 23 x 18.8mm
- Weight: 10.8
- 4 full H-Bridges: the TB6612 chipset provides 1.2A per bridge with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 13.5VDC.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 12-bit speed selection (so, about 0.02% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil, interleaved or micro-stepping.
- Motors automatically disabled on power-up
- Big 3.5mm terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (18-26AWG) and power
- Polarity protected 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for separate logic/motor supplies
- Completely stackable design: 5 address-select jumper pads mean up to 32 stackable wings: that's 64 steppers or 128 DC motors!