Colour Changing LAMP:bit - Street Light for BBC micro:bit
£4.58 ex VAT
The Colour Changing LAMP:bit features connections which allow the micro:bit to be bolted/clipped directly to it. It has been designed to replicate a streetlight, in form and function. This is a great board for use in transportation projects and has been designed to fit the same aesthetic as the STOP:bit, so that they can be used together in the same projects.
The board also features a phototransistor that can be used to react to changes in ambient light levels, thus switching te LED on and off autonomously. For timed switching, the project could include the Kitronik RTC board for a different type of autonomy.
Power is supplied to the board from the micro:bit that is connected to via the 0V and 3V pins.
- The LAMP:bit is an accessory for the BBC micro:bit that replicates a street light.
- It features a built-in phototransistor for autonomous switching.
- While it is switched on the LED will cycle through different colours.
- The micro:bit can bolt-on/clip-on to the board.
- Follows the same aesthetic as the STOP:bit.
- It can be used in conjunction with the STOP:bit for larger projects.
- Custom code blocks for the MakeCode Editor are available as an Extension to the editor.
- The bottom of the LAMP:bit PCB snaps off to form a stable cross base.
- Height: 135mm.
- Width: 75mm.
- Base Width: 42mm.
- 1 x LAMP:bit for the BBC micro:bit
- 5 x M3 8mm Countersunk Screws.
- 5 x M3 Hex Full Nut.