Digital RGB Addressable LED - 5mm Through-hole (10-pack)Product Code: 1484
£3.33 ex VAT
This is a 10-pack of WS2811 addressable RGB LEDs in a 5mm through-hole package. Each LED has the WS2811 driver integrated into the diffused plastic lens and is controlled through a high-speed 1-wire interface that allows for large numbers of LEDs to be chained together to form large displays.
Each colour channel of every RGB led is 8 bit. This equates to 16.7 million colours. The LEDs are controlled by shift-registers built into each lamp. In order to drive the strip you need 5v, GND and Data - easy! Once the registers are loaded, you can stop sending data.
These strips have a maximum voltage of 6V - anything higher will blow them up!
Note: As these LEDs are cased, if subjected to over-voltage or reverse voltage the casing itself can fail and parts of it can fly off at speed (it makes a high pitched wine, then a pop as the top comes flying off - not something you want to hit you in the eye!)
- Maximum 5V @ 60mA draw per 0.65" strip segment (all LEDs on full brightness)
- 5VDC power requirement (do not exceed 6VDC) - no polarity protection
- LED wavelengths: 630nm/530nm/475nm
With the longer pair of leads on the left, from left to right:
- 1: DOUT
- 2: GND
- 3: 5V
- 4: DIN
- Pololu LED strip Arduino Library (WS2812B)
- Pololu LED strip mbed Library (WS2812B)
- OctoWS2811 LED Library - For the Teensy, control up to 8 strips simultaneously with direct memory access (DMA)
- Adafruit Neopixel Library
- Free-Wired 3x3x3 NeoPixel Cube
- Larson Scanner Shades (Trinket-Powered NeoPixel LED Strip Glasses)
- Using NeoPixels with Netduino Plus 2
- Adafruit NeoPixel Ãœberguide
- WS2812B Datasheet and timing protocol
- Why WS2812/WS2811 chips are *NOT* as difficult to drive as everyone claims they are!