Electronic Project Building for Beginners
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
This book is for complete beginners to electronic project building. It provides a complete introduction to the practical side of this fascinating hobby, including the following topics:
- Component identification, and buying the right parts.
- Resistor colour codes, capacitor value markings, etc.
- Advice on buying the right tools for the job.
- Soldering, with advice on how to produce good joints, and avoid "dry" joints.
- Making easy work of the hard wiring.
- Construction methods, including stripboard, custom printed circuit board, plain matrix board, surface mount baords and wire-wrapping.
- Finishing off and adding panel labels
- Getting "problem" projects to work, including simple methods of fault-finding.
In fact everything you need to know in order to get started in this absorbing and creative hobby.
A Babani Computer Guidebook by R.A. Penfold