£49.96 ex VAT
The EtherTen is a 100% Arduino compatible board that can talk to the world.
Do Twitter updates automatically, serve web pages, connect to web services, display sensor data online, and control devices using a web browser.
The Freetronics EtherTen uses the same ATmega328P as the Uno and the same Wiznet W5100 chip used by the official Arduino Ethernet Shield, so it's 100% compatible with the Ethernet library and sketches. Any project you would previously have built with an Arduino and an Ethernet shield stacked together, you can now do all in a single, integrated board.
There's even a micro SD card slot so you can store web content on the card, or log data to it.
- Gold-plated PCB.
- Top and bottom parts overlays.
- Top-spec ATmega328P MCU.
- Mini-USB connector: no more shorts against shields from the USB jack!
- D13 pin isolated with a MOSFET so you can use it as an input.
- Power-over-Ethernet support, both cheapie DIY or full 802.3af standards-compliant.
- Ethernet activity indicators on the PCB and the jack.
- 10/100base-T auto-selection.
- Fully compatible with standard Ethernet library.
- Reset management chip.
- Fixed SPI behavior on Ethernet chipset.
- Robust power filtering.
- Sexy rounded corners.
Note that just like our Ethernet Shield with PoE support, the EtherTen provides a number of options for different Power over Ethernet. You can use the supplied jumpers and feed 7-12Vdc down the wire for cheap DIY version, or you can fit a PoE Regulator 24V and feed a bit more voltage down the wire, or you can use a PoE Regulator 802.3AF along with a proper commercial PoE injector or switch. It's up to you.