FONA 808 Shield - Mini Cellular GSM + GPS for Arduino (ID: 2636)
£41.33 ex VAT
Cellular + GPS tracking, all in one, for your Arduino? Oh yes! Introducing FONA 808 GSM + GPS Shield, an all-in-one cellular phone module with that lets you add location-tracking, voice, text, SMS and data to your project, in Arduino shield format for easy use.
This shield fits right over your Arduino or Arduino compatible board. At the heart is a powerful GSM cellular module (the latest SIM808) with integrated GPS. This module can do just about everything.
Note: On its own, this shield can't do anything. It requires a microcontroller like an Arduino to drive it! You will also need some required accessories to make FONA work. These are not included! Each order comes with one tested and assembled FONA shield and a stick of 0.1" male header. Required Arduino, SIM card, battery, antenna and other accessories are not included! Some light soldering is required to put the headers onto the shield.
Get a SIM card to begin your journey of connectivity.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz - connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM
- Fully-integrated GPS (MT3336 chipset with -165 dBm tracking sensitivity) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 32Î© speaker + electret microphone
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
- AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
- 22 tracking /66 acquisition channels
- GPS L1 C/A code
- Tracking: -165 dBm
- Cold starts : -147 dBm
- Cold starts: 30s (typ.)
- Hot starts: 1s (typ.)
- Warm starts: 28s (typ.)
- Accuracy: approx 2.5 meters
Included on the board:
- Onboard LiPoly battery charging circuitry so you can take your project on the go. Use any 500mAh+ LiPoly or LiIon battery and recharge via the Arduino when necessary. Two LEDs let you know when its charging and done. You can then flip the switch and use the battery to run your circuit!
- Standard 4-pole TRRS headphone jack. Use any 'Android' or 'iPhone'-compatible headset with mic
- Breakouts for external 32Î© speaker and electret mic if you don't want to use a headphone
- Level shifting circuitry to make it Arduino-safe
- Vibrational motor (buzzer) driver so you can have noiseless notifications
- uFL connection for external passive GPS & external GSM antenna
- Indicator LEDs for power and network connectivity
- Any standard 2G SIM slides into a secure connector
Accessories required for operation (not included):
- SIM Card! A 2G Mini SIM card is required to do anything on the cellular network.
- Lipoly Battery - 500mAh or 1200mAh will work great.
- External GSM Antenna - A slim uFL antenna works great!
- External Passive GPS Antenna - A 15mm passive antenna works great!