Grove - IMU 9DOF (ICM20600+AK09918)
£10.83 ex VAT
The Grove - IMU 9DOF (lcm20600+AK09918) is a 9 Degrees of Freedom IMU (Inertial measurement unit) which combines a gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass. Two chips, the LCM20600+AK09918 are used to implement those 3 functions.
The LCM20600 is a 6-axis motion tracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer. The gyroscope is a device used for measuring or maintaining orientation and angular velocity, normally, we use it to measure spin and twist. The accelerometer is a device that measures proper acceleration.
The AK09918 is a 3-axis electronic compass IC with high sensitive Hall sensor technology. We use an electronic compass to measure the magnetic force, which can provide us with direction information.
As its name suggests just use this single small module and you can measure 9 Degrees of Freedom: angular rotation in the x/y/z-axis, acceleration in the x/y/z-axis, and magnetic force in x/y/z-axis.
What an amazing module! Use this module to build your own motion and orientation system
- 3-Axis Gyroscope with Programmable FSR of ±250 dps, ±500 dps, ±1000 dps, and ±2000 dps
- 3-Axis Accelerometer with Programmable FSR of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g
- 3-Axis Electronic Compass with 0.15 μT/LSB (typ.) sensitivity
- User-programmable interrupts
- 16-bit ADC resolution and Programmable Filters for acceleration measurements
- 16-bit ADC resolution for magnetic measurements
- 1 KB FIFO buffer enables the applications processor to read the data in bursts(LCM20600)
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Magnetic sensor overflow monitor function
- Built-in oscillator for internal clock source
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Wearable Sensors