Grow HAT Mini (HAT only)
£12.65 ex VAT
A Raspberry Pi mini HAT designed to help you take care of your plants. It can tell you how well they're hydrated, attract your attention when they need water and, if you want to go a step further, even give them water!
The heart of this clever system is the Grow HAT Mini. This Raspberry Pi Mini HAT has a tiny screen to keep an eye on the state of the system, four tactile buttons for navigation and an on-board piezo buzzer to politely request your attention when your plants need you. There's also a light sensor, which they've used in the code example to stop the alarm from chirping away at night. The PCB is covered in little gold flowers, to help add to the aesthetic.
There are three connectors on board to attach capacitive moisture sensors (sold separately) so you can measure the moisture levels in three separate pots. Because there are no exposed electrodes, capacitive sensors are a lot less vulnerable to corrosion over time than old school resistive sensors. They even have a little area so you can label them with plant names
On the back of the Grow HAT Mini there are another three connectors that will let you turn low-current 5v devices on and off, like pumps, motors, valves, solenoids or lights. There's also a set of broken out I2C connections, perfect for adding on an I2C breakout. Being able to add on more sensors and interface with extra devices means that it's possible to level up your budding Grow system to something much more capable and sophisticated.
- This is the Grow HAT Mini only, sensors are sold separately.
- IPS LCD (0.96" 160x80 pixels) screen
- Four tactile buttons
- Piezo buzzer
- LTR-559 light and proximity sensor
- 3 x JST SH 3P connectors for capacitive moisture sensors
- 3 x Picoblade 2P-compatible connectors with MOSFETs for turning low current 5v devices on and off.
- Pimoroni breakout-compatible pin header
- Mini HAT-format board
- Fully assembled
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Dimensions: 66mm x 31mm x 10mm