PiLeven Arduino Compatible Expansion for Raspberry PiProduct Code: 1799
£22.00 ex VAT
The PiLeven is an Arduino Uno compatible board that fits directly onto a Raspberry Pi, giving you the best of both worlds. You can run a full operating system on the Pi with whatever high-level management software you like, while using the PiLeven for I/O using its Arduino R3 shield headers.
The two boards communicate with each other via a serial connection passed through the Raspberry Pi header. They can also use I2C to communicate.
No custom programming interface is required, you can use the unmodified Arduino IDE or any Arduino Uno compatible programming method for the PiLeven.
The PiLeven also features a switchmode power supply which is passed through to the Raspberry Pi, allowing you to run them using any 7-18Vdc power supply. Very handy!
Note: Raspberry Pi is not included with this board.
- ATmega328P MCU at 16MHz
- 5V operation with level shifters to communicate with Raspberry Pi at 3.3V
- High efficiency switchmode power supply that can also power the Raspberry Pi (input 7-18Vdc)
- Reprogram the PiLeven from the Raspberry Pi
- Arduino R3 headers for full shield compatibility
- Prototyping area to add your own parts
- Fits many Raspberry Pi Models: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, Raspberry Pi Model B+, Raspberry Pi Model B
- Micro controller : Atmel AtMega328p
- Operating Voltage : 5V (3.3V converter interface for Raspberry Pi)
- MCU Clock Speed : 16 MHz
- Input Voltage : 7-18V DC. Recommended 12-18V DC, 1A current capacity
- Digital I/O pins : 14 (6 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins : 6 (analog input pins also support digital I/O, giving 20 digital I/O total if required)
- Analog Resolution : 10 bits, 0-1023 at 5V AREF is approx 0.00488V; 4.88mV per step
- Current Per I/O Pin : 40mA maximum
- Total Current For I/O Pins : 200mA maximum
- Current For 5V Output : 3A maximum (includes 100mA for Microcontroller, and power for Raspberry Pi)
If using the full 3A output (ie lots of high-current USB devices attached to the Pi), then we recommend connecting a DC input power supply that is rated for 2A if 12V, 1.5A if 15V, or 1.2A if 18V.
- Flash Memory : 32 KB Flash Memory, of which 1 KB is used by bootloader
- SRAM, EEPROM : 2 KB SRAM, 1 KB EEPROM
- Raspberry Pi Comms : Hardware Serial & I2C connected from Raspberry Pi to microcontroller
- Serial : 1 x hardware USART, SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface), 1 x I2C
- Other : Many other one-wire, multi-wire, LCD and expansion devices supported by free code and libraries