Power Dock 2
£12.50 ex VAT
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
The Power Dock 2 frees you from wires and allows you to take all of your Omega projects on the go!
Use any 3.7V LiPo battery (not included) to provide power to the Omega and all connected Expansions and USB devices. Display the battery’s charge level on four battery indicator LEDs as well as read it in the OS with a single command! When your battery is out of juice, plug a short Micro USB cable (8″ or less is recommended) and the Power Dock will charge the battery.
No battery? No problem! Without a battery connected, the Power Dock behaves almost like the Expansion Dock. You can provide power with a short Micro USB cable and the regulator circuits on the Dock will ensure the Omega always receives the stable 3.3V it needs to operate optimally. An onboard ADC allows the Omega to measure the voltage level of an attached LiPo battery, giving an idea of how much juice is left in the battery!
Note that the Power Dock does not have a USB-to-Serial chip, so you will need to use SSH or the Console over WiFi to connect to your Omega.
Note: The Omega2 power dock does not include a battery or cables.
The Dock exposes several of the Omega’s features to the user:
- The Omega’s GPIOs are exposed on the Expansion Header. Use the header to plug in Onion Expansions or connect to external circuits
- Connect USB devices directly to your Omega
- Control the RGB LED on the Dock using the Omega’s GPIOs
- Press the Reset Button to reboot your Omega, hold it for 10 seconds to perform a factory restore
- Turn your Omega on and off with the Power Switch
- 1x JST-PH LiPo Battery Connector
- 1x ADC to measure LiPo battery voltage level
- 1x Micro USB Port – Power and Battery Charging
- 1x USB-A Port – Connect USB devices to the Omega
- 1x Reset Button
- 1x Power Switch
- 30-pin Expansion Header