Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and 16GB SD Card with NOOBS OSProduct Code: 2062
£40.99 ex VAT
This is the Raspberry Pi 3 (Model B) single board computer. This bundle comes with a 16GB class 10 microSD card that is pre installed with NOOBS operating system and an adapter for SD card.
This is the easiest way to get your Raspberry Pi 3 up and running. It can act as a media centre, bringing you the power of XMBC with 1080p playback and AirPlay support.
So what's new with the Raspberry Pi 3?
- Onboard Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1
- 33% Faster CPU Clock Rate
- 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 processor
- Video core clocked at nearly 2x speed of RPi2
- 3D GFX processor 50Mhz faster
The RPi3 retains the same GPIO and board layout as the RPi2 meaning that it's compatible with most add on 'Hat' boards. The RPi3 will probably fit in older cases, but because of a few positional changes, the older cases may be less than ideal. Watch out for cases made of metal - the metal could end up interfering with the WiFi / Bluetooth radio transmissions.
It's important that you use the newest version of the NOOBS operating system (1.8.0) if you want to benefit from faster operation and WiFi / Bluetooth.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43143 WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- Video Core IV multimedia+3D graphics core
- 40-pin Extended GPIO
- 4x USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data