Roland SRM-20 Desktop Milling MachineProduct Code: 1556
£2,999.00 ex VAT
The SRM-20 is the latest desktop milling machine from Roland. Featuring a build area of 203.2 (X) x 152.4 (Y) x 60.5 (Z) mm, simple USB connection, intuitive software and a secure, dust and noise reducing, enclosure with safety interlocks it is perfectly designed to fit into a classroom, design office or small workshop.
Capable of cutting chemical woods, acrylic, modelling waxes and PCBs at speeds of up to 30mm/sec, the SRM-20 allows you the flexibility to produce highly detailed objects without delay. The included Modela Player 4 software allows you split 3D objects into two, mill out both halves and then assemble the final object, allowing you to easily create objects and designs that would be impossible to mill on an ordinary 3-axis mill and difficult to split and and re-merge on ordinary CAD/CAM software.
Please note, milling materials not included.
- Cuttable material: Resins such as chemical wood and modelling wax (metal not supported), substrates for machining
- X, Y, and Z operation strokes: 203.2 (X) x 152.4 (Y) x 60.5 (Z) mm
- Distance from collet tip to table: Maximum 130.75mm
- Table size: 232.2 (X) x 156.6 (Y) mm
- Loadable workpiece weight: 2kg
- X-, Y-, and Z-axis drive system: Stepping motor
- Operating speed: 6 ï½ž 1800mm/min 6 ï½ž 1800mm/min
- Software resolution: 0.01mm/step (RML-1), 0.001mm/step (NC code)
- Mechanical resolution: 0.000998594 mm/step
- Spindle motor: DC motor Type 380
- Maximum spindle rotation: 7,000rpm
- Cutting tool chuck: Collet method
- Interface: USB
- Control command sets: RML-1, NC code
- Power requirements:
- Machine: DC24V, 2.5A
- Dedicated AC adapter: AC 100V to 240V±10%, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Approx. 55W
- Acoustic noise level: During operation: 65dB (A) or less (when not cutting), during standby: 45dB (A) or less
- Dimensions / Weight: 451.0 (W) x 426.6 (D) x 426.2 (H) mm / 19.6 kg
- Environment: Temperature of 5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F), 35 to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Included items: AC adapter, Power cable, USB cable, Cutting tool, Collet, Set screw, Spanners (7,10mm), Hexagonal wrench (size 2, 3 mm), Positioning pins, Double-sided tape, Start-up page information card.
- Operating system: Windows® 7/8/8.1 (32-bit/64-bit edition)*
- CPU: Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo or higher (CoreTM i5 or higher recommended)
- RAM: 1GB (2GB or higher recommended)
- Video card and monitor: A resolution of 1,280 x 1,024 or higher recommended
- Free hard-disk space: 100MB or more recommended
- Other requirements: Internet connection and web browser, Internet Explorer® version 10 or more recommended
*Roland OnSupport and included software for the SRM-20 are 32-bit applications, which run on 64-bit Windows® with WoW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit).