Shapeoko 4 Desktop CNC Machine
£1,324.99 ex VAT
The Shapeoko 4 is the latest model in the Shapeoko range from Carbide 3D, designed to open up a new level of accuracy and repeatability to your work. Shapeoko 4 has everything you've come to love from Shapeoko, plus:
Larger, stronger V-wheels - Carbide 3D have redesigned the V-wheels on the Shapeoko 4 to add strength and rigidity compared to the prior versions.
15mm Belts - The new, wider belts are over 60% stiffer than the 9mm belts used in Shapeoko 3.
Inductive homing switches - No moving parts and non-contact operation mean these switches are more durable in even the roughest environments.
New electronics - A workshop can be a difficult place for precision equipment. The new V3 electronics are more resistant to electromagnetic interference and static discharge than ever.
Integrated T-slot table (Available as an option for the Shapeoko 4) - It acts as a rigid base for the machine and a very flexible work-holding system. Made from a grid of custom-made extrusions that create a solid platform to build a CNC router on, the Hybrid Table has a series of T-slots to hold clamps, vices, or the material being cut directly. Between the T-slots, there are sacrificial MDF slats for your material to rest on.
Workholding Included - The Shapeoko 4 comes with a dirty dozen of the Teez-Nutz and six of the fibre-reinforced nylon clamps that won't break your cutter if they get hit. When paired with our Hybrid Table (Optional), this is everything you need to hold down many common materials
Fully-supported Y extrusions - Extrusions have always been overbuilt, even for a much bigger machine, but the Shapeoko 4 Y extrusions are fully supported by the Hybrid Table, making Shapeoko 4 a much more rigid machine than anything they've ever made before.
Leadscrew-driven Z-axis - Shapeoko 4 uses the Z-Plus Z-axis assembly that's leadscrew-driven with heavy-duty linear bearings.
New, more rigid 65mm router mount - They've made the router mount thicker to reduce deflection of the router during heavy cuts.
Dust boot included - Included is the Sweepy V2 dust boot to help keep your Shapeoko CNC router, and your shop, as clean as possible. It works with a range of hose diameters for maximum compatibility with your vacuum:
- 2.5 Direct hose
- 2.25 Shop vacuum
- 36mm Festool/Fein
Sweepy V2 also includes an additional brush-free base if you want maximum visibility at the expense of a little dust.
Software Included -
- Carbide Motion - loads gcode, the industry standard for CNC routers, and makes the machine follow that motion. Following common gcode standards so you can generate your projects in Carbide Create or any other CAD/CAM program that uses normal gcode. We don't lock you into our CAD/CAM software.
- Carbide Create 2D CAD/CAM - This free software lets you design your projects and then define the toolpaths to actually cut them out. You can start with a blank page, load a DXF or SVG file, or load an image to trace automatically.
PLEASE NOTE: Photos show the Carbide Compact Router mounted in the machine. The Carbide Compact Router is not included with the Shapeoko 4. Carbide 3D recommends the Makita RT0700C but say any router with a 65mm diameter will work, like the Makita RT0701C.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose the "No Table" option, you will have to provide an MDF table/wasteboard for the machine. No t-slot workholding will be included.
What's included in the boxes:
- Shapeoko 4
- T-slot Hybrid Table (With Table Option Only)
- Assembly tools
- #201 .25" Flat Endmill
- Qty 12, M6 Teez-Nutz T-Nuts
- Qty 6 Shapeoko Essentials Clamps
- Sweepy 65mm V2
- Carbide Create 2D CAD/CAM (Software)
- Carbide Motion(Software)
- Cutting Area: 17.5"(X) x 17.5"(Y) x 4"(Z)
- Footprint: 33" (X), 24" (Y), 19" (Z)
- Weight: 70 lbs (Shipped in two boxes)
- Cutting Area: 33"(X) x 17.5"(Y) x 4"(Z)
- Footprint: 50" (X), 24" (Y), 19" (Z)
- Weight: 137 lbs (Shipped in two boxes)
- Cutting Area: 33"(X) x 33"(Y) x 4"(Z)
- Footprint: 50" (X), 41" (Y), 19" (Z)
- Weight: 165 lbs (Shipped in two boxes)