Spencer - Build And Code Your Own Voice Assistant
£39.99 ex VAT
Spencer is a DIY voice assistant that will teach you about AI, voice recognition, IoT, and speech synthesis. Thanks to the handy build guide it means no prior knowledge or skills are required, you will learn everything from soldering to coding as you build and create Spencer making it a great introduction to the world of electronics for anyone aged 11 onwards!
The LED display on Spencer’s face consists of a 144-pixel LED grid that you can use to bring Spencer to life by showing facial expressions, data, custom icons, animations, scrolling text and much more!
What Spencer can do out-of-the-box:
- Read the news
- Tell you the weather forecast for your area
- Memorize the things you say
- Set an Alarm or reminder
- Tell you the upcoming calendar meetings
- Tell you a joke
Talk to Spencer!
Spencer has a microphone and understands what you say (like, REALLY understands) and comes pre-programmed with reactions to over 150 different phrases including:
- Tell me a joke!
- What’s your name?
- Can you predict my future?
- Do you have anything interesting to share with me?
- How's it going?
- What's on Netflix?
- Find my phone.
- Do a barrel roll
- Beam me up, Scotty.
You can also code and train Spencer with new functions that about many more conversation topics and commands.
In the box
- Spencer’s circuit board that includes a pre-soldered 144-pixel LED grid
- The brain board – does smart stuff and includes a dual-core processor, a 16 MB flash memory chip, and power-management circuitry
- Acrylic casing – this protects Spencer’s innards from the outside world
- A big red button
- Bag of other small components such as resistors and pushbuttons
- Micro USB cable for powering your Spencer
- 5W Speaker
- Instruction booklet