Trilobot - versatile, mid-level robot learning platform for Raspberry Pi
£39.99 ex VAT
Trilobot is designed with education and STEM in mind, this versatile, mid-level robot learning platform for Raspberry Pi is easy to get started with plenty of room to add your own extra functionality and to grow and adapt it as you develop your robotic skills
With a chassis made from layers of resilient FR-4 printed circuit board, Trilobot lets you do new and exciting things not possible before with other acrylic robots including:
- Motor Driver Hardware - Built into the chassis itself so no extra HATs are required
- Onboard RGB LED Underlighting - built-in as standard, show off your Trilobot and make it shine
- Labelled layers - All the layers have useful labels so you know what goes where.
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensor - This is easily and quickly connected and allows you to stop Trilobot to navigate its way around and stop it bumping into things
- Built-in camera mount - Record yourself a robot's eye view, or even add some AI/machine learning into the mix (cameras sold separately).
- Connectors - Two connectors for plugging in breakouts with Qwiic or STEMMA QT connectors, and broken out headers for adding up to five sockets for Breakout Garden breakouts (requires soldering).
The hardware is supported by a fully-featured Python library, with controller code and lots of examples developed with the help of a top-tier Trilobot testing team.
Please note: this is the Trilobot Base Kit only, you'll need to add your own Raspberry Pi, SD card, camera and battery bank.
Please note: If you want to add more LEDs to Trilobot, the servo header outputs 5V and is connected to GPIO12, so you can use it with Neopixels/WS2812 strips and panels using Adafruit’s CircuitPython libraries.
- 2x front-wheel drive, 1x rear castor
- Four tactile buttons and status LEDs
- Six-zone RGB underlighting!
- Front-facing ultrasound distance sensor and camera mount (camera sold separately).
- 2x Qw/St (Qwiic / STEMMA QT) connectors
- Hackable headers for expansion - a servo header, 5x headers for mounting Breakout Garden sockets (sold separately), 1x I2C header
Base Kit includes
- Trilobot main, top, front and camera boards
- 2x 110:1 motors with pre-soldered shims
- 2x motor cables
- 2x grippy moon-buggy wheels
- 1x ball castor
- Ultrasonic distance sensor
- Booster header for attaching your Pi
- USB-C power cable for connecting a power bank (not included).
- Associated nuts, bolts and mounting hardware