Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 (ID: 2821)
£14.15 ex VAT
This is the Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 - an 'all-in-one' WiFi development board with inbuilt USB and battery charging. It's an ESP8266 WiFi module with all the extras you need, ready to rock!
At the Feather HUZZAH's heart is a WiFi microcontroller clocked at 80 MHz and at 3.3V logic. This microcontroller contains a Tensilica chip core as well as a full WiFi stack. You can program the microcontroller using the Arduino IDE for an easy-to-run Internet of Things core. Adafruit wired up a high-quality SiLabs CP2104 USB-Serial chip that can upload code at a blistering 921600 baud for fast development time.
It also has auto-reset so no noodling with pins and reset button pressings. The CP2104 has better driver support than the CH340 and can do very high speeds without stability issues.
To make it easy to use for portable projects, they added a connector for 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and included battery charging. You don't need a battery, it will run just fine straight from the micro USB connector. But, if you do have a battery, you can take it on the go.
- The Feather will automatically switch over to USB power when it's available.
- Lipoly battery and USB cable are not included.
- Measures 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.28" (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- Light as a (large?) feather - 9.7 grams
- ESP-F V1.1 @ 80MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 4MB of FLASH (32 MBit)
- Inbuilt WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- CP2104 USB-Serial converter onboard with 921600 max baud rate for speedy uploading
- Auto-reset support for getting into bootload mode before firmware upload
- 9 x GPIO pins - can also be used as I2C and SPI
- 1 x analogue inputs 1.0V max
- Inbuilt 100mA LiPoly charger with a charging status indicator LED, can also cut a trace to disable the charger
- Pin #0 red LED for general purpose blinking. Pin #2 blue LED for boot loading debug & general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button