heART - a beating heart surface mount soldering kit
£9.99 ex VAT
This kit is the perfect way for beginners to get started with surface mount soldering techniques. The project will require you to hand solder 5 x 0805 LEDs, 1 x 0805 capacitor, an SOIC 8 pin IC, an SMD battery clip and a surface mount switch.
Once these are all soldered in place simply adding a CR2032 battery (not included) will bring this pendent to life and start its heartbeat. The battery should last over a week if left on continuously and much longer if switched off when not in use.
- 5 x 0805 Red LEDs + spare
- 1 x 0805 Capacitor + spare
- 1 x SOIC ATtiny85
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x SMD switch
- 1 x CR2032 SMD battery clip
- Soldering iron, a fine tip is best but a standard one is usable.
- Solder, a fine gauge is advantageous but not necessary.
- Tweezers for holding the components.