MSA301 3DoF Motion Sensor Breakout
£4.24 ex VAT
A simple 3 Degrees of Freedom accelerometer breakout that measures acceleration in three axes - X, Y, and Z. If you need simple and reliable motion detection for your project, then this is a great choice!
This accelerometer has a few nifty features built-in too. It has interrupted for motion in each axis, double-tap detection, and freefall detection. This built-in support means that you can detect each of these types of motion with a single line of code, rather than having to code a whole function yourself.
The MSA301 3DoF breakout has an I2C interface and is 3.3V or 5V compatible. Like other Pimoroni breakouts, they've designed it so that you can solder a piece of right-angle header onto it and then pop it straight onto the bottom left 5 pins on your Raspberry Pi's GPIO header (pins 1, 3, 5, 6, 9).
- MSA301 3DoF Motion Sensor
- ±2/±4/±8/±16g linear acceleration
- 3.3V or 5V compatible
- I2C interface (address 0x26)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Raspberry Pi-compatible pinout (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Compatible with Arduino
- Python library
- MSA301 3DoF Motion Sensor Breakout
- 1x5 male header
- 1x5 female right angle header
They've put together a Python library that you can use to read data from your MSA301 3DoF Breakout, and an easy one-line installer to install everything.
Please Note: The software does not support Raspbian Wheezy.