An Introduction to Excel Spreadsheets
The practical and friendly approach of this book will help newcomers to easily learn and understand the basics of spreadsheets. This book is based on Microsoft's Excel 2010 spreadsheet, but much of the book will still apply to earlier versions of Excel. The book is written in plain English, avoiding technical and mathematical jargon and all illustrations are in full colour. It is suitable for all age groups from youngsters to the older generation.
This book will help you to quickly gain confidence and get to grips with using spreadsheets. In fact, you will wonder how you ever managed without them.
among the useful topics covered are:
- Install the software.
- Use the exciting new features of Excel 2010.
- Create and use a spreadsheet.
- Enter, edit and format text, numbers and formulae.
- Insert and delete columns and rows.
- Save and print a spreadsheet.
- Present the information on a spreadsheet as a graph or chart.
- Manage and safeguard Excel files on the disc.
- Use Excel as a simple database for names and addresses.
A Babani Computer Guidebook by Jim Gatenby