Micro Pressure Sensor - BMP384 (Qwiic)
£9.41 ex VAT
The SparkFun Qwiic Micro Pressure Sensor features the BMP384 pressure sensor from Bosch Sensortec. The BMP384 excels at high-resolution measurements (up to 21-bit) and uses a gel-filled cavity to provide extra resistance to liquids (water and other chemicals). This makes it a great option for monitoring pressure near water or in humid environments, though the sensor is not water-proof without an adequate integration concept.
The BMP384 provides excellent accuracy across a wide measurement range (300hPa to 1250hPa and -40 to +85°C) on an incredibly small footprint that uses the Qwiic Micro size (0.75in. x 0.30in. / 19.05mm x 7.62mm) so you can install it in projects with exceptionally tight spaces. The sensor also features a configurable oversampling setting, a FIFO buffer for storing up to 73 measurements, and a low-pass filter so users can customize the performance based on the application's requirements. The Qwiic Pressure Sensor communicates over I2C by default, utilizing the handy Qwiic system so no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system.
The BMP384 has three operating modes: Sleep Mode, Normal Mode and Forced Mode. In Sleep Mode, the sensor is idle and consumes ~2µA, while in Normal Mode the sensor automatically cycles between measurement and standby periods and consumes ~700µA at peak current draw during measurements. Forced Mode allows direct control of measurements to wake the sensor from Sleep Mode, take a single-shot measurement, and return the device to Sleep Mode.
- Although this board is called "SparkFun Micro Pressure Sensor," the name only refers to the size of the board and not its sensing precision capabilities. If you are looking for a "MicroPressure" sensor calibrated to sensing pressure ranges of 1-25psi from liquid media, check out the SparkFun Qwiic MicroPressure Sensor instead!
- Sorry SPI users, there is no space on this Micro-sized breakout for the extra pins for that communication protocol. If you prefer a soldered connection or SPI, the Standard Qwiic version of this board features those options.
- Qwiic Micro Sized Board (0.75in x 0.30in / 19.05mm x 7.62mm)
- Supply Voltage Range: 1.65V - 3.6V
- Current Draw:
- 700µA - Peak while measuring pressure
- ~2µA - Sleep Mode
- Data Transfer Speeds:
- I2C - 3.4MHz
- I2C Address: 0x77 (Default), 0x76 (Alternate)
- Internal Temperature Sensor
- 1x Horizontal Qwiic Connection Port