Qwiic ToF Imager - VL53L5CX
£21.66 ex VAT
The SparkFun Qwiic ToF Imager is a state of the art, 64 pixel Time-of-Flight (ToF) 4 meter ranging sensor built around the VL53L5CX from ST. This chip integrates a SPAD array, physical infrared filters, and diffractive optical elements (DOE) to achieve the best ranging performance in various ambient lighting conditions with a range of cover glass materials. Utilizing their handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, they've still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
Multizone distance measurements up to 4000mm are possible across all 64 zones with a wide 63° diagonal field-of-view which can be read up to 15Hz. Thanks to ST Histogram patented algorithms, the VL53L5CX is able to detect different objects within the FoV. The Histogram also provides immunity to cover glass crosstalk beyond 60cm.
Ideal for 3D room mapping, obstacle detection for robotics, gesture recognition, IoT, laser-assisted autofocus, and AR/VR enhancement, the Qwiic connector on this sensor makes integration easy.
- Multizone ranging output with either 4x4 or 8x8 separate zones
- Autonomous Low-power mode with interrupt programmable threshold to wake up the host
- Up to 400 cm ranging
- 60 Hz frame rate capability
- Emitter: 940 nm invisible light vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL) and integrated analogue driver
- 63° diagonal square FoV using diffractive optical elements (DOE) on both transmitter and receiver
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- I2C Address: 0x52
- 2x Qwiic Connectors