Wide Input SHIM for Raspberry Pi (all models)Product Code: 2809
£8.32 ex VAT
Power your Pi with a wide range of input voltages from 3 to 16V!
Wide Input SHIM lets you use a range of different power supplies with your Pi, including the ubiquitous 12V barrel jack power supplies. It's super-skinny, so you can solder it straight to your Pi's pins and still use HATs and pHATs on top.
The barrel jack connector on Wide Input SHIM is a 3.5mm outer diameter (OD), 1.3mm inner diameter one, and there's a short male to female adapter cable included to allow you to use the common 5.5mm OD barrel jacks too.
There's also a short cable included with a 3.5mm OD barrel jack on one end and tinned wires on the other, in case you want to attach it directly to something like a bench power supply or to solder it into a project.
Note: This kit requires soldering
Note: Using both micro-USB power and Wide Input SHIM power at the same time is not recommended with Pi Zero / W where there is no protection against back-powering.
- Wide Input SHIM
- 2x6 female header
- 3.5mm OD male to 5.5mm OD female adapter cable (15cm long)
- 3.5mm OD male to tinned wires cable (15cm long)
- Super-small SHIM-format board
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Can be used with HATs and pHATs
- 3.5mm outer diameter barrel jack connector (centre positive)
- Adapter cables included
- TPS630701 buck-boost converter chip
- 5V / up to 2A output
- 3-16V input
- Reverse voltage protection
- EN (enable) pin to switch off output voltage (pull to ground)