£6.66 ex VAT
Our Top 10 Electronic Gifts For Kids This Christmas
With Christmas fast approaching we'll be releasing a series of gift guides aimed at helping you get the best gifts for your loved ones! Here are our top 10 gifts for kids who are starting to learn electronics or who already love electronics!
1) Makeblock Codey Rocky Educational Robot - Codey Rocky combines hardware with software, allowing children to learn about programming while they play and create. Integrated with over 10 programmable electronic modules, Codey Rocky has many more features than it meets the eye. Not only will Codey Rocky swirl and follow lines, but it will also go around obstacles, making creation so much more fun.
2) BBC micro:bit & :MOVE Mini Buggy Bundle - With how popular the :MOVE Mini Buggy is we decided to create this great value for money bundle that has everything you need to get your own little robot up and running. The bundle includes an Official micro:bit board which can be used in the buggy or if you already have one you can configure it as a remote control, a cable to program the micro:bit
3) MAKERbuino - This neat little device is an open source GameBoy you can build yourself (it’s fully DIY – do it yourself). Besides being a cool retro handheld device, MAKERbuino is also an educational device shaped like a game console.
4) Makey Makey Classic - You may be the greatest living banana-pianist, but how will you ever know if you don't make yourself a banana piano? Good news! That project and countless others are easier than you think with Makey Makey. Using the Makey Makey you can make anything into a key just by connecting a few alligator clips.
5) Motor:bit Acrylic Smart Car Kit - The motor:bit smart car kit is a tailor-made robotic chassis for the BBC micro:bit and motor:bit. This kit includes all the parts you'll need to turn your micro:bit into a roaming robot. There's an introduction to the micro:bit as well as 6 different lessons to help you get your robot built and moving around!
6) Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Starter Kit - A lot of fun squeezed into a tiny computer! Everything you need to to get started with the Raspberry Pi 3 B+, plus a friendly getting started guide. Just add your keyboard and monitor and away you go.
7) Edison V2.0 STEM Robot - Edison is a programmable robot designed to be a complete STEM teaching resource for coding and robotics education for students from 4 to 16 years of age. The Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching children computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way.
8) Grove Bundle Starter Kit - This Grove bundle starter kit comes with an Arduino Uno development board and 14 other Grove sensors/devices. The Grove expansion for Arduino gives you the ability to prototype quickly and easily using the Grove connector system which is all soldering free!
9) Flotilla - Mega Treasure Chest Kit: This is the big one, the bee's knees, the bling king (or queen), the ultimate Flotilla kit! You'll get fourteen Flotilla modules, three complete kits - the audibly offensive Noisemaker synth, a cute little paper-craft mood light, and an all-singing, all-dancing line-following robot - as well as eight other super-simple Cookbook recipes to get you up and running in no time.
10) MeArm Pi - Robot Arm for Raspberry Pi: The MeArm Pi is an easy-to-build robot arm kit that's designed to get children (and adults!) learning about technology, engineering and programming. The MeArm Pi can be controlled directly through the onboard joysticks, or you can learn to code by making it move using one of the many programming languages run on the Raspberry Pi.