£13.33 ex VAT
Our Top 10 Electronics Gifts For Adults This Christmas
With Christmas fast approaching we'll be releasing a series of gift guides aimed at helping you get the best gifts for your loved ones! Here are our top 10 gifts for people who love electronics!
1) Google AIY Vision Full Kit - These Projects bring do-it-yourself artificial intelligence to your maker projects. The Google AIY Vision Kit lets you build an image recognition device that can see and identify objects, powered by TensorFlow’s machine learning models.
2) Raspiboy - Retro Handheld Game Console Kit - This is a handheld emulation console kit based on the Raspberry Pi Zero. Play all of your favourite classics from retro games consoles such as the Gamecube, Game Boy, SEGA Genisis and Nintendo 64 using emulators in the palm of your hand. It's available in either grey or the limited edition classic transparent purple! You'll also need a Raspberry Pi Zero to complete this build!
3) Line-Us - This is an Internet-connected robot drawing arm. It's small, portable and draws with a nice wobbly line using a real pen on paper. The free app lets you draw, send messages, share sketchbooks or enjoy collecting artwork from others! Line-us is fully hackable using its programming API, you can control it with your own code.
4) Google Paper Signals Bundle - Paper Signals is an open source project that lets you make little voice-controlled objects that track simple things, like the weather. You can build any of the examples Paper Signals Google has or, grab the code on GitHub and create something of your own.
5) Picade - The ultimate desktop retro arcade machine! Picade is a Raspberry Pi-powered mini arcade that you build yourself, with authentic arcade controls, a high resolution 4:3 display that's ideal for retro gaming, and a punchy speaker to hear those 8-bit game soundtracks at their best! If you haven't got a Pi we offer a complete bundle which has everything you need to build the full machine.
6) Weather Meter - Whether you're an agriculturalist, a professional meteorologist or a weather hobbyist, building your own weather station can be a really rewarding project. When you're measuring weather, however, you need some pretty specialized sensors. This kit represents the three core components of weather measurement: wind speed, wind direction and rainfall.
7) Respeaker Mic Array - This Kit for the Raspberry Pi is an expansion board designed for AI and voice applications. It's a linear microphone array kit which comes with four microphones. This means you can build a more powerful and flexible voice projects which can integrate Amazon Alexa Voice Service, Google Assistant, and more with your Raspberry Pi.
8) Lumazoid Realtime Music Visualizer - Lumazoid is a real-time music visualizer board that lets you display an awesome light show that is synchronized to your music. Just plug the Lumazoid in between your music device and your audio system, and enjoy the show! It's programmable using the Arduino IDE, comes pre-loaded with 8 different patterns and works with NeoPixel (WS2812) LED strips.
9) Tinkerkit Braccio Robotic Arm - This is a highly versatile robotic arm for use with an Arduino! You can assemble the BRACCIO in a multitude of ways and it also supports various end effectors. The included shield allows you to hook up the servos directly to your Arduino board so you'll be assembled and moving in no time!
10) Grove Smart Plant Case Kit - This kit for the Arduino is ideal for the electronics enthusiast with green fingers. You'll be measuring the temperature & humidity, soil moisture, the level of sunlight and much more with this kit. It works seamlessly with the Arduino UNO and comes with a Grove base shield allowing easy connection of sensors and actuators all with no soldering!