1.69" 280x240 Round Rectangle Color IPS TFT Display - ST7789
£15.83 ex VAT
This "round rect" TFT display - is 1.69" diagonal and has high-density 220 PPI, 280x240 full-colour pixels with IPS any-angle viewing. Similar displays of this calibre are used in smartwatches and small electronic devices but they've always been MIPI interfaces, this one has an SPI Interface and friendly display drivers, so it works with any and all microcontrollers or microcomputers!
This lovely little display breakout is the best way to add a small, colourful, and very bright display to any project. Since the display uses 4-wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer, it can be used with every kind of microcontroller. Even a very small one with low memory and few pins available! The 1.69" display has 280x240 16-bit full-colour pixels and is an IPS display, so the colour looks great up to 80 degrees off-axis in any direction. The TFT driver (ST7789) is very similar to the popular ST7735, and the Arduino library supports it well.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate flex-circuit connector) as well as an ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and logic. A little space was used for a microSD card holder so you can easily load full-colour bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card and also features an 18-pin "EYE SPI" standard FPC connector with flip-top connector. You can use an 18-pin 0.5mm pitch FPC cable to connect to all the GPIO pins, for when you want to skip the soldering.
NOTE: The way used to get the rounded corners is by deleting pixels. The corner pixels are still addressed in RAM, they just don't appear, so it isn't like you have to do some special radial-pixel mapping. Treat it like a rectangular display.
NOTE: Micro-SD card not included
- 1.69" LCD TFT display
- Built-in microSD slot
- 1x11 header for easy breadboarding
- 4 x 0.1" / 2.5mm mounting holes in corners
- TFT screen dimensions: 38mm x 30mm / 1.5" x 1.2"
- Overall dimension: 45.8mm x 36.8mm x 5.4mm / 1.8" x 1.4" x 0.2" Mounting holes: 1.5" x 1.2"
EYE SPI 18-pin FPC Connector:
- VIN (3 to 5V DC power)
- Backlight (3~5V logic PWM optional input)
- SPI Clock (3~5V logic in)
- SPI MOSI (3~5V logic Microcontroller Out, Screen/SD In)
- SPI MISO (3~5V logic Microcontroller In, Screen/SD Out)
- TFT Data/Command (3~5V logic in)
- TFT Reset (optional 3~5V logic in)
- TFT SPI Chip Select (3~5V logic in)
- SD Card SPI Chip Select (3~5V logic in)
- - 18: Unused