1.9" 320x170 Color IPS TFT Display - ST7789
£15.83 ex VAT
If you are looking to add a small bright and colourful display to your next project this is the screen for you! This display uses 4-wire SPI to communicate and can be used by all microcontrollers (Even ones with low memory and few available pins). The 1.9" display has 320x170 16-bit full-colour pixels and is an IPS display and its own pixel-addressable frame buffer making the colour look fantastic for up to 80° off-axis in all directions.
The breakout comes with the TFT display, ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator, auto-reset circuitry, and a 3/5V level shifter pre-soldered onto it, making it compatible with both 3.3V or 5V power and logic. Adafruit also included a microSD card holder (needs to be formatted to FAT16/FAT32) so you can quickly and easily load full-colour bitmaps.
Adafruit has written a full open-source graphics Arduino library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text, and bitmaps as well as example code, this has been written for Arduino but can be easily adapted for other microcontrollers.
Wiring is easy, it is strongly encouraged to use the hardware SPI pins of your Arduino as software SPI is noticeably slower when dealing with this size display. For Raspberry Pi or other Single Board Computer Python users, there is a user-space Pillow-compatible library. For CircuitPython there's a displayio driver for native support.
This display breakout also features an 18-pin "EYE SPI" standard FPC connector with a flip-top connector. You can use an 18-pin 0.5mm pitch FPC cable to connect to all the GPIO pins, for when you want to skip the soldering.
- microSD card not included (sold separately)
- This display is originally designed for smartwatches and similar products where there's glass over the screen. Without something gently holding the screen down, the backlight can eventually peel away from the TFT. (It's not destructive but it's unattractive). This can be prevented by, ideally, adding a plastic or glass cover/overlay. If using bare, try dabbing a touch of E6000 or similar craft glue on the thin side edges, or using a thin piece of tape to keep the front TFT attached to the backlight.
- 1.9" LCD TFT display
- Built-in microSD slot
- 1x11 header for easy breadboarding
- 4 x 0.1" / 2.5mm mounting holes in corners
- TFT screen dimensions: ~46mm x 25mm
- Overall dimension: 57.2mm x 36.6mm x 5.2mm / 2.3" x 1.4" x 0.2"
- Mounting holes: 52mm x 31.7mm
- Product Weight: 9.6g / 0.3oz
EYE SPI 18-pin FPC Connector:
- VIN (3 to 5V DC power)
- Backlight (3~5V logic PWM optional input)
- SPI Clock (3~5V logic in)
- SPI MOSI (3~5V logic Microcontroller Out, Screen/SD In)
- SPI MISO (3~5V logic Microcontroller In, Screen/SD Out)
- TFT Data/Command (3~5V logic in)
- TFT Reset (optional 3~5V logic in)
- TFT SPI Chip Select (3~5V logic in)
- SD Card SPI Chip Select (3~5V logic in)