ACHS-7122 Current Sensor Carrier -20A to +20A
£3.33 ex VAT
This board is a simple carrier of Broadcom’s ±20A ACHS-7122 Hall effect-based linear current sensor, which offers a low-resistance (~0.7 mΩ) current path and electrical isolation up to 3 kV RMS. This version accepts a bidirectional current input with a magnitude up to 20 A and outputs a proportional analogue voltage (100 mV/A) centred at 2.5 V with a typical error of ±1.5%. It operates from 4.5 V to 5.5 V and is intended for use in 5 V systems.
- The conductive path internal resistance is typically 0.7 mΩ, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor’s electronics (up to 3 kV RMS), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- 80 kHz bandwidth that can optionally be decreased by adding a capacitor across the board pins marked “filter”.
- High accuracy and reliability: typical total output error of ±1.5% at room temperature with factory calibration, an extremely stable output offset voltage, and almost zero magnetic hystereses.
- Robust sensor IC can tolerate 100 ms transient current spikes up to 100 A.
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to 110°C.
- Current Sense: 0.100V/A (When VCC is 5V)
- Minimum Logic Voltage: 4.5V
- Maximum Logic Voltage: 5.5V
- Supply Current: 15mA
- Version: -20A to +20A