ATSAMD09 Breakout with seesaw (ID: 3657)
£4.99 ex VAT
Adafruit seesaw is a near-universal converter framework which allows you to add add and extend hardware support to any I2C-capable microcontroller or microcomputer. Instead of getting separate I2C GPIO expanders, ADCs, PWM drivers, etc, seesaw can be configured to give a wide range of capabilities.
For example, our ATSAMD09 breakout with seesaw gives you
- 3 x 12-bit ADC inputs
- 3 x 8-bit PWM outputs
- 7 x GPIO with selectable pullup or pulldown
- 1 x NeoPixel output (up to 340 pixels)
- 1 x EEPROM with 64 byte of NVM memory (handy for storing small access tokens or MAC addresses)
- 1 x Interrupt output that can be triggered by any of the accessories
- 2 x I2C address selection pins
- 1 x Activity LED
But you can reprogram and reconfigure the chip to have more or less of each peripheral - as long as it fits into the ATSAMD09D14's firmware! For example, there's also a UART converter but it isn't included in the default firmware.
The ATSAMD09 breakout is great for development of seesaw capabilities (we use it in-house for our design work) or you can use it as-is to give your Raspberry Pi or ESP8266 more hardware support! Each breakout comes with the assembled and tested board, as well as some header strips.
Please note:The boards do not come with a bootloader.