Audio FX Mini Sound Board WAV/OGG Trigger 16MB Flash (ID: 2341)
£16.51 ex VAT
This Audio FX Mini sound board is a simple to use, low cost audio effects trigger that does not require any programming.
Add audio/sound effects to your next project, without an Arduino+Shield
The mini sound board is the fastest way to add audio effects to a project, with a small footprint. Designed specifically for people who wanted to make props, costumes, toys, and other small portable projects.
Check out the tutorial for all the powering options, you can power from 3-5VDC so a 3xAAA battery pack or a LiPoly battery will work well. You can even use our LiPoly backpack to fit on top for an all-in-one rechargeable effects board
- No Arduino or other microcontroller required! It is completely stand-alone, just needs a 3 to 5.5VDC battery
- Small - only 1.5" x 0.9"
- Built in storage - yep! you don't even need an SD card, there's 16MB of storage on the board itself. Good for ~15 minutes of compressed stereo, and maybe a couple minutes of uncompressed stereo. Double that if you go with mono instead of stereo.
- Built in Mass Storage USB - Plug any micro USB cable into the Sound Board and your Windows computer, you can drag and drop your files right on as if it were a USB key
- Compressed or Uncompressed audio - Go with compressed Ogg Vorbis files for longer audio files, or uncompressed WAV files
- High Quality Sound - You want 44.1KHz 16 bit stereo? Not a problem! The decoding hardware can handle any bit/sample rate and mono or stereo
- 8 Triggers - Connect up to 8 buttons or switches, each one can trigger audio files to play
- Stereo line out - Headphones, powered speakers or even wire up one of our amplifiers to make loud sounds.
- Five different trigger effects - by changing the name of the files, you can create five different types of triggers which will cover a large range of projects without any programming
- Control over UART (9600 Baud) via any microcontroller, we have an Arduino Library for basic control over playback and volume.
Depending on your project you may need to have audio play in different ways. The five most common needs are built into the Sound Board so you just rename the file to get the effect you want. See the product tutorial for more details
- Basic Trigger - name the file Tnn.WAV or Tnn.OGG to have the audio file play when the matching trigger pin nn is connected to ground momentarily
- Hold Looping Trigger - name the file TnnHOLDL.WAV or .OGG to have the audio play only when the trigger pin is held low, it will loop until the pin is released
- Latching Loop Trigger - name the file TnnLATCH.WAV or .OGG to have the audio start playing when the button is pressed momentarily, and repeats until the button is pressed again
- Play Next Trigger - have up to 10 files play one after the other by naming them TnnNEXT0.WAV thru TnnNEXT9.OGG. Will start with #0 and each one on every momentary button press until it gets through all of them, then go back to #0
- Play Random Trigger - just like the Play Next trigger, but will play up to 10 files in random order (TnnRAND0.OGG thru TnnRAND9.OGG) every time the button is pressed momentarily
The sound board plays OGG files not MP3 it does not have polyphonic ability. MP3 to OGG converters can be found online. The board is not reprogrammable or scriptable.
- Board Dimensions: 38mm x 23mm x 4mm / 1.5" x 0.9" x 0.2"
- Board Weight: 3.6g