Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 2MB Flash (ID: 2133)
£16.51 ex VAT
Add audio effects to your next project without an Arduino and a shield. The Audio FX sound board WAV/OGG trigger with 2MB flash is small and portable, making it easy to embed in props or costumes and play sounds from the simple press of a button or any other trigger method you choose. It doesn't require any programming and is a low cost solution.
This board specifically designed for people who wanted to make props, costumes, toys, and other small portable projects. You can power from 3-5VDC so a 3xAAA battery pack or a LiPoly battery will work well. You can even use our LiPoly backpack to fit on top for an all-in-one rechargeable effects board.
The sound board is designed to be simple: it does not have polyphonic ability, can't play MP3's (MP3 is patented and costs $ to license, so this board uses the similar but not-patented OGG format, there's tons of free converters that will turn an MP3 into OGG), isn't reprogrammable or scriptable, and you can't have any other kind of trigger type. However, there's a good chance the project you want to make will work great.
The Sound Board has a lot of amazing features that make it the easiest thing ever:
- No Arduino or other microcontroller required! It is completely stand-alone, just needs a 3 to 5.5VDC battery
- Small - only 1.9" x 0.85"
- Built in storage - you don't even need an SD card, there's 2MB of storage on the board itself. Good for a few minutes of compressed stereo, and maybe half a minute of uncompressed stereo. Double that if you go with mono instead of stereo.
- Built in Mass Storage USB - Plug any micro USB cable into the Sound Board and your Windows computer, you can drag and drop your files right on as if it were a USB key
- Compressed or Uncompressed audio - Go with compressed Ogg Vorbis files for longer audio files, or uncompressed WAV files
- High Quality Sound - You want 44.1KHz 16 bit stereo? Not a problem! The decoding hardware can handle any bit/sample rate and mono or stereo
- 11 Triggers - Connect up to 11 buttons or switches, each one can trigger audio files to play
- Stereo line out - Headphones, powered speakers or even wire up one of our amplifiers to make loud sounds.
- Five different trigger effects - by changing the name of the files, you can create five different types of triggers which will cover a large range of projects without any programming
- Basic Trigger : name the file Tnn.WAV or Tnn.OGG to have the audio file play when the matching trigger pin nn is connected to ground momentarily
- Hold Looping Trigger : name the file TnnHOLDL.WAV or .OGG to have the audio play only when the trigger pin is held low, it will loop until the pin is released
- Latching Loop Trigger : name the file TnnLATCH.WAV or .OGG to have the audio start playing when the button is pressed momentarily, and repeats until the button is pressed again
- Play Next Trigger : have up to 10 files play one after the other by naming them TnnNEXT0.WAV thru TnnNEXT9.OGG. Will start with #0 and each one on every momentary button press until it gets through all of them, then go back to #0
- Play Random Trigger : just like the Play Next trigger, but will play up to 10 files in random order (TnnRAND0.OGG thru TnnRAND9.OGG) every time the button is pressed momentarily