Build Your Owm Website with WordPress
WordPress is a software package widely used to create stunning websites. It is issued under an open-source licence making it free to install and use. WordPress can be used to create all types of websites including personal, blogs, information, community and online businesses. WordPress software almost looks after itself leaving you to focus on creating great content.
Among the many topics covered are:
- An overview of website terminology and planning your web pages.
- WordPress components such as themes, widgets and plugins.
- Getting started by choosing a web host and installing WordPress.
- Logging in, setting up and maintaining security and activating essential plugins.
- Finding your way around the Settings Dashboard.
- The theme sections: header, body, sidebars and footer.
- Editing and adding to menus.
- Customising a theme.
- Enhancing a website by adding plugins or changing to a new theme.
- Using Permalinks and creating links to external sites.
- Working with images and other media.
- Controlling who can post and comment on your content.
This book assumes no prior knowledge of how to create a website and has many step-by-step guides and checklists to assist you. There are troubleshooting appendices to help you fix many of the common problems that may arise. If you can use a web browser, you can create a website using WordPress.
A Babani Book by Kevin Ryan.