Distance Sensor - 1.3 Meter, VL53L4CD (Qwiic)
£15.83 ex VAT
This SparkFun Distance Sensor Breakout utilizes the VL53L4CD next-generation ToF (Time of Flight) sensor module to give you highly accurate measurements at short ranges for its size. The VL53L4CD from STMicroelectronics uses a VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) to emit an infrared laser to time the reflection to the target. That means that you will be able to measure the distance to an object from 1mm to 1300mm away with millimetre resolution! To make it even easier to get your readings, all communication is enacted exclusively via I2C, utilizing the handy Qwiic system so no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, they have also still broken out 0.1”-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
Each VL53L4CD sensor features a precision to be 1mm with an accuracy of around +/-7mm (white target: 88%, indoor, no infrared) and a minimum read distance of this sensor is 1mm. The field of view for this little breakout has a typical full field of view of 18° with a read rate of up to 100Hz. Make sure to power this board appropriately since it will need 2.6V-3.5V to operate. Lastly, please be sure to remove the protective sticker on the VL53L4CD before use otherwise it will throw off your readings.
- This is a CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT CLASSIFIED IEC 60825-1 2014.
- The I2C address of the VL53L4CD is 0x29 and is hardware-defined. A multiplexer/Mux is required to communicate to multiple VL53L4CD sensors on a single bus.
- If you need to use more than one VL53L4CD sensor consider using the Qwiic Mux Breakout.
- Operating Voltage
- 2.6V to 3.5V
- (typically 3.3V via Qwiic cable)
- Average Current Consumption
- 22mA typically
- 24mA max
- 40mA peak current (including VSCEL)
- Measurement Range: 1mm to 1300mm
- Resolution: ±1mm
- Light Source: Class 1 940nm VCSEL
- Field of View: 18°
- Max Read Rate: 100Hz
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- 7-bit unshifted I2C Address: 0x29
- Operating Temperature Range
- -30°C to +85°C
- Power LED
- Pull-up Resistors